xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Validate xml against dtd
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 04:05:32 GMT
Someone asked a similar question last month [1]. It was regarding XML
Schema validation but I assume you cannot do it with DTDs either.

FYI ... The Java version of Xerces provides support for in-memory DOM
validation against DTDs and XML Schemas.

[1] http://marc.info/?l=xerces-c-users&m=121438422020361&w=2

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

"Daniel Burrell" <daniel.burrell@gmail.com> wrote on 07/20/2008 10:49:05
PM:

> As I understand it, when xerces validates an xml against a dtd, the dtd
it
> validates against is specified in the xml file.
> Is it possible to validate an xml file in it's dom form in memory against
> dtd also loaded in memory?
>
> i.e., I would parse the xml file with validation off into a DOM format.
> somehow load the dtd into memory (how would this be done?)
> and then validate the dom tree against the dtd?
>
> Or can you only validate the contents of an xml file as it's being
parsed?