xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Burrell" <daniel.burr...@gmail.com>
Subject Validate xml against dtd
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 02:49:05 GMT
As I understand it, when xerces validates an xml against a dtd, the dtd it
validates against is specified in the xml file.
Is it possible to validate an xml file in it's dom form in memory against a
dtd also loaded in memory?

i.e., I would parse the xml file with validation off into a DOM format.
somehow load the dtd into memory (how would this be done?)
and then validate the dom tree against the dtd?

Or can you only validate the contents of an xml file as it's being parsed?