xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From David Bertoni <dbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getting xsd element type when parsing a xml
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:53:19 GMT
Luis Silva wrote:
> Hi all,I'm parsing a xml file and I need the xsd element type when parsing each element
of the xml. The validation is easy but not accessing the xsd type when parsing the element.
Is it possible to get that information? Regards and many thanks,Luis
Take a look at the PSVIHandler interface.  It's event-based, so it might
  not send the events exactly when you need them, but perhaps you can
adapt your code to work.  Take a look at the PSVIWriter samples for more
information.

If the PSVIHandler interface doesn't work for you, there are
alternatives, but they're ugly, and will require you use more internal APIs.

Dave