xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Samar Buchala <samarb...@yahoo.com>
Subject importing schema location form URI
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:29:32 GMT
Hi,

I am new to both xerces and XML.  I have gone through the mailing list archives and it didn't
help me solve this strange problem I am experiencing.

I am using XercesDOMParser and trying to loadGrammar from a local schema file.  This local
shema also imports  "xml.xsd" schema file from its URL.  A snippet of the local shema is as
below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:schema xmlns:xs=........................">
  <xs:annotation>
  </xs:annotation>

  <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
             schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/03/xml.xsd">
  </xs:import>
   </xs:schema>

The problem is the loadGrammar function is successful when the "http://" is removed from the
schemaLocation, or for that matter if schemaLocation is just "xml.xsd".  Otherwise, it takes
a long time in that function and returns a null pointer.  I don't know if I need to set something
before I loadGrammar.

Thanks
Samar