xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>
Subject Re: Unresolved symbol on HP-UX 11.11
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:46:27 GMT
Hi John,

John Smith <mrs123@gmail.com> writes:

> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
> _ZNK11xercesc_2_813XMLBigDecimal10getRawDataEv (data)  from
> /home/afbuild/tmpch/xerces-c-src_2_8_0/lib/libxerces-c.sl.28

I think I know what's going on. XMLBigDecimal::getRawData is
virtual and defined inline. I've seen the same behavior on
MacOS X with older g++ versions where the compiler, for some
reason, does not produce the symbol for such functions. A
workaround for this problem (other than getting a fixed
version of g++) is to remove inline and move such functions
to .cpp files.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools   http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog