xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Jesse Pelton" <...@PKC.com>
Subject RE: Xerces and QProgressDialog
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:07:36 GMT
I'm not sure how you're communicating between your input stream class and the progress dialog.
 I'd think you'd want the input stream to notify the dialog as it supplies data to the parser.
 (I'd probably have it send notifications when certain milestones are reached, such as another
percent complete, rather than every time it supplies a chunk of data.)  If you're implementing
the input source and its associated input stream, you're responsible for keeping track of
the position.  Maybe you're deriving from BinFileInputStream and calling its curPos() and/or
getSize() members?

I think you'll need to provide a little more detail.  Small, reasonably complete code samples
are often helpful.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Endt [mailto:dennis.endt@googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:05 PM
To: c-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Re: Xerces and QProgressDialog

Hi,

I used your Proposal to implement my QFile Object over which I tried to
read out the actual Position in File.

So I connected my XML Class with my Main Class in the hope, to figure
out the data.

But unfortunately the pos is always 0, regardless of which part of my
code I set the signal call.

Is there an extra postion where the Xerces DomBuilder and the Xerces
SaxParser read out the file?

Jesse Pelton schrieb:
> You could try implementing an InputSource.  It should be able to keep track of how much
data it has provided to the parser.  Assuming it knows the total amount of data available,
you can make a rough estimate of processing progress.  I'm not sure what size chunks of data
the parser will request, but if your files are big enough that a progress dialog is useful,
the chunk size will probably be small enough relative to the total size that progress will
be reasonably smooth.  If not, I think InputSources can safely return fewer bytes than are
requested.  This may impose a small performance penalty, but you may think it worth the tradeoff
for a better user experience.