xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Jesse Pelton" <...@PKC.com>
Subject RE: Xerces and QProgressDialog
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:06:34 GMT
You could try implementing an InputSource.  It should be able to keep track of how much data
it has provided to the parser.  Assuming it knows the total amount of data available, you
can make a rough estimate of processing progress.  I'm not sure what size chunks of data the
parser will request, but if your files are big enough that a progress dialog is useful, the
chunk size will probably be small enough relative to the total size that progress will be
reasonably smooth.  If not, I think InputSources can safely return fewer bytes than are requested.
 This may impose a small performance penalty, but you may think it worth the tradeoff for
a better user experience.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Endt [mailto:dennis.endt@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wed 7/23/2008 9:18 AM
To: c-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Xerces and QProgressDialog

Hi,

I`m using Xerces and QT and now I´m trying to implement a
QProgressdialog to display the progress of reading a xml file.

Has anyone an idea how to get the progress for updating the progress bar
and how to set the maximum value?

I`m looking for a solution for a SAX and a DOMBuilder parser.

Greets,
Dennis