xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Crni Gorac" <cgo...@gmail.com>
Subject accessing XML file locations from DOM tree
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:31:09 GMT
Am using Xerces-C DOMBuilder class to create in-memory representation
of my XML file, and validate the file against corresponding XML schema
while parsing.  Now, there exist some possible semantic errors in
given XML format that cannot be expressed in XML schema, and my C++
code that is traversing DOM tree in memory is catching these.
However, I'd like to print corresponding original XML file line
numbers when reporting alike errors, so: is there any way to get these
number from in-memory DOMElement objects my code is traversing?

Thanks.