xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Alberto Massari <amass...@datadirect.com>
Subject Re: validating XML Schema files
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:15:16 GMT
At 10.05 03/01/2007 +0100, 4pzbrog02@sneakemail.com wrote:
>Thanks for the response :)
>
>--
> > The only way you can test for a grammar to be valid is by loading
> it using loadGrammar.
> > Using the DTD or the XMLSchema provided by the specs will in any
> case result in less validation checks than the ones listed in the specs itself.
>--
>
>Hmm, but then I need to load it twice, once as DOM, and once as
>grammar. I could live with less checks, however, I want to catch
>things like elements that are in the wrong place or wrongly spelt
>attributes that my DOM scanning code doesn't see because its not
>looking for such errors.
>
>Is there a way to validate a Schema directly via DTD or Schema,
>without using loadGrammar?

I tried once to validate a schema using a reduced version of the XSD
for XMLSchema, and I gave up (after removing the definitions of the
built-in simple types, I think I got stuck with the fact that the
XMLSchema namespace is already known to Xerces); you may have better
luck using the DTD, but you will have to change the schema file to
add the DOCTYPE instruction.

Good luck,
Alberto