xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Jamison Adcock" <jadc...@cabcds.org>
Subject RE: Getting the "schemaLocation" from an XML document
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 20:28:19 GMT
Hi Alberto,
	Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I've figured out how
to force validation against a specific schema, but I still need to
figure out how to first look at the XML document and pull out its schema
reference (i.e., the value of "schemaLocation").  Does Xerces have this
capability somewhere?  I need to do this because the schema reference
may be wrong (either the filename or path).  Once I get the value of
schemaLocation, I can easily do a mapping and then validate the XML
against the right XSD file.
	So in short, I'm envisioning a three-step process: look at the
XML document and get the value of schemaLocation, do the mapping from
that value to the actual schema path, and finally do the validation
against that schema.

many thanks,
-Jamison