xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Edward Rozendal <rozen...@hitt.nl>
Subject Validating XML document without namespace
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:59:40 GMT

I have an application with Xerces 2.4.0 that parses XML using SAX2. My
client has supplied me with XML schema's that include namespaces. When I
create an XML file with XMLSpy it will look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- edited with XMLSpy v2006 sp2 U (http://www.altova.com) -->
<tns:keepalive xmlns:tns="http://www.example.eu/common/name/v1-0"/>

The application does accept and validate this XML file. However I have been
asked if it is also possible to accept and validate XML files that look like

Is it possible to validate XML files without namespaces (by setting SAX2
features, Xerces properties, or otherwise) without changing the XML schema's
that do require namespaces? It is not necessary that the application accepts
XML files with and without namespaces at the same time. The namespace is
available in the application through a parameter.

Sent from the Xerces - C - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

View raw message