xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From 4pzbro...@sneakemail.com
Subject validating XML Schema files
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:22:46 GMT
Hello folks,

My application processes XML Schema files on the DOM level (.xsd files are parsed with XercesDOMParser::parse()).
However, to detect user errors in the schema files, I'd like to turn on validation for them.

Is that at all possible?

I ran some tests with the schema for schemas, which XercesDOMParser rejects (I assume that's
because its built-in types are redefined). I also tried to feed the schema DTD into the parser,
without success (Xerces seems to expect a schema rather than a DTD when it requests a resource
for a namespace identifier)

Can anyone point me into the right direction?

I can post my test code as well if that helps.

Cheers,

Uwe

Protect yourself from spam,
use http://sneakemail.com