xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From "Kosaraju Karuna-C9013Z" <C90...@motorola.com>
Subject RE: Limitation of file size with DOM
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:04:05 GMT
Thanks Jason and Martin for the replies,
I am now confused with the contradictory experiences of both of you.
Is it possible to let me know the xerces version, OS, kernel version
etc., on which you have seen this.
I just wanted to understand the scenario where it worked (for Jason) and
it dint work (for Martin)

Thanks again,
Karuna

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Stewart [mailto:jason.e.stewart@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:21 PM
To: c-users@xerces.apache.org
Subject: Re: Limitation of file size with DOM

Hi,

On 1/11/07, Kosaraju Karuna-C9013Z <C9013Z@motorola.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Xserces-c DOM APIS to parse our applications XML file.
> Our XML file size may go to MB.
> Wanted to know whether there is any restriction on xerces-c DOM on the

> size of the file it can handle.
> The version we are using is xercesc-c.2.6.0. Any replies would be
> appreciated

I've used Xerces to parse file sizes in the 500Mb range...

The only limitation I had was on the memory of the machine...

Cheers, jas.

Hi,

I tested parsing large files. The memory consumption was aprox. 7 to 10
times of the XML-File-Size (pretty printed). But there was at least a
limit on the size of the XML-File (aprox. 250Mb) where the xerces (2.6)
bounces with strange errors.. and there *was* still some RAM left :-(
(tested on linux). So I was forced to switch to SAX.

cu
martin