xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Barnett <barn...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject Re: xerces-c 2.7.0, solaris 2.7, and gcc 4.0.3
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:05:36 GMT
Hi Alberto,

Sorry for the repeat of the original message.

Yes, the intermittent crash even happened when compiled for debug and
running in gdb. It still crashed at a different place each time.

Tried recompiling/re-instrumenting DOMMemTest this morning with
different purify options and got a little farther. Purify now reports
"Fatal core dump" at line 335 of DOMImplementationImpl.cpp which is the
end of "DOMImplementationImpl::getDOMImplementation(unsigned short
const*) const". More helpful perhaps is the report of

Address 0xffbedd30 is 4 bytes above stack pointer in function
non-virtual thunk to
xercesc_2_7::DOMImplementationImpl::getDOMImplementation(unsigned short
const*) const

This makes me think linker problem, but I don't really know what a
"non-virtual thunk" is.

Have you been able to run with GCC 4.0.3 on solaris? Perhaps it is my
combination with the GNU binutils.

Bryan