xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Barnett <barn...@ll.mit.edu>
Subject xerces-c 2.7.0, solaris 2.7, and gcc 4.0.3
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:26:29 GMT
Has anyone had any success with Xerces-C 2.7.0 on solaris 2.7 and the
GCC 4.0.3 compilers?  How about GCC 4.0.3 on other platforms?

Xerces-C successfully compiles with g++ 4.0.3, but the DOMMemTest fails
and applications using SAX fail intermittently (different points in the
document each time) with "Illegal Instruction", "Bus Error", or seg
faults. I am also using GNU binutils 2.16.1 instead of the native sun
utilities.

Compiling xerces-c in debug mode, Purify repeatedly reports "Stack array
bounds read" and write errors, and "Fatal core dump", at line 125 of
DOMMemTest.cpp.  I have not been able to get Purify to report deeper
into the library (?!).

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Bryan