xerces-c-users mailing list archives

From David Bertoni <dbert...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can the Makefile be changed to compile directly only one library named libxerces-c.so ?
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 02:17:10 GMT
Rafael Sousa (Ext_Altior) wrote:
> Hi David!
>
> But do you think that changing the Makefiles by hand so that the
> resulting lib is directly named libxerces-c.so, and not
> libxerces-c.so.27.0, will solve my problem, i.e., I will no longer get
> these kind of errors that ask for libxerces-c.so.27 ?
>
> By the way, my platform is Solaris.

It's probably easier for you to just modify the Solaris-specifc section
of src/xercesc/Makefile.incl to modify the LD_SONAME variable.  You can
change the following:

   LD_SONAME = -h ${SO_NAME}

to:

   LD_SONAME = -h libxerces-c.so

Note that you should be very careful about doing this is you plan to
distribute your binary, or you expect it to work correctly on a system
that has multiple versions of Xerces-C on it.

Dave