xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From David Cargill <cargi...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SVN compile gives chinese messages?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:18:26 GMT
Hi Jason,
I ran into a problem on some Linux platforms where the build defaulted to
using the GUNIconv transcoder.  I updated packageBinaries.pl to specify
--enable-transcoder-iconv and that fixed the problem.  Maybe try specifying
--enable-transcoder-iconv and see if that works.

Regards,
David A. Cargill
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
(905) 413-2371, tie 969
cargilld@ca.ibm.com

             "Jason Stewart"
             <jason.e.stewart@
             gmail.com>                                                 To
                                       c-dev@xerces.apache.org
             08/24/2006 06:16                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: SVN compile gives chinese
             Please respond to         messages?
             c-dev@xerces.apac
                  he.org

Hi Alberto,

On 8/24/06, Alberto Massari <amassari@datadirect.com> wrote:

> I just regenerated the SWIG interface, and "make
> test" works as expected (on Ubuntu 6.06); but I
> guess you already regenerate them... what platform are you on?

I'm on Ubuntu 6.06 ;-)

This isn't a Xerces-P problem - it happens when I try the Xerces-C
sample apps. I did a make clean && make of xerces-c again and got the
same problem.

I'm really stuck on this one - I don't know what I could have changed
- I did a straight ./configure && make with no special options, and
suddenly everything broke.

Cheers, jas.