xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Mannion, Enda" <enda.mann...@hp.com>
Subject Reading UNICODE character
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:55:40 GMT
Hi,

I am reading a tag called XX from an XML file, this code works ok when XX is and ASCII character
but when it is a UNICODE char like € I get problems.

Nothing is returned just an empty string, when reading the UNICODE character. I can write
the UNICODE character to the XML file without any problems but there is an issue with reading.

if(node->getFirstChild() != NULL)

{

XMLCh* n = node->getFirstChild()->getNodeValue();

      char* xmlval = XMLString::transcode(n);           // this line returns “”, empty
string??

      m_deviceName = string(xmlval);

      xercesc::XMLString::release(&xmlval);

}