xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "nitin shitole" <nitin....@gmail.com>
Subject Using xerces-c in another static library
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:26:50 GMT
Hi,

We are in need of creating a static library, which in turn uses xerces-c
library
(actually 2 static libraries, using 2 different xerces-c versions (1.7 and
2.7)

Platform: Tru64 UNIX V5.1A (Rev. 1885)

We already have xerces-c (version 1.7 and 2.7) built on Tru64 as a shared
libraries (.so)

I have following queries:

1) Can I build a static library (.a) which in turn uses xerces-c dynamic
library (.so)?

2) If no, then whats the reason for it?
If above is "NO", then the options are:
    (i) Do I need to build a dynamic library in order to use xerces-c
dynamic library?
    (ii) Can I build xerces-c as a static library and then in turn build
another static library
        which uses static xerces-c library?

Thanks,
Nitin