xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Fred Dushin <fdus...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Flat API for Xerces
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:59:33 GMT
I'm sorry I can't help with concrete implementations, but if you're
using DOM interfaces, you might consider using the C mapping [1] for DOM
IDL [2].  The Xerces C++ DOM interfaces are fairly faithful to the DOM
IDL, though some liberties have been taken to remove any CORBA dependencies.

You may, for example, be able to track down an IDL-C compiler, and work
from there, and wrap the Xerces implementation from there.  In either
case, the wrapping should be quite natural, as long as you respect the
contract defined in IDL.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

-Fred

[1] http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/c_language_mapping.htm