xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Stewart" <jason.e.stew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN compile gives chinese messages?
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 05:53:45 GMT
Hi David,

On 8/24/06, David Cargill <cargilld@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
> I ran into a problem on some Linux platforms where the build defaulted to
> using the GUNIconv transcoder.  I updated packageBinaries.pl to specify
> --enable-transcoder-iconv and that fixed the problem.  Maybe try specifying
> --enable-transcoder-iconv and see if that works.

I looked at the Iconv transcoder code - and it indicated that it
didn't provide a *real* transcoding service the comment in the code
says:

  This is a minimalist transcoding service, that only supports a local
  default transcoder. All named encodings return zero as a failure...

That won't work for Perl - I need a UTF-8 transcoder...

Alby - what is the big-endian problem in IconvGNU? If I could I would
put my machine on the 'net and let you play with it - but I'm behind a
firewall here...

Cheers, jas.