xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From makarand.kulka...@tcs.com
Subject Re: Location XERCES Library for ZOS
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:00:48 GMT

Hi David,

Thanks again for providing information.

Trying to build xerces-c library with Sources from Apache and Binaries for
Z/os from IBM Toolkit.

After uncompressing and running pax command " pax -rvf
/usr/mcu/mcuamr/xml180.pax.Z" , I have got some files & directories as
below

drwxr-xr-x   2 MCUAMR   MCU         8192 Jun  6  2005 SMPPTFIN
drwxr-xr-x   2 MCUAMR   MCU         8192 Jun  6  2005 SMPRELF
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU         5040 Jun  6  2005 GIMPAF.XSL
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU         9360 Jun  6  2005 GIMPAF.XML
-rw-r-----   1 MCUAMR   MCU      505146923 Feb 21 07:00 xml180.pax

Files inside directory "SMPRELF" are

-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU       258048 Jun  6  2005
DEPT42RJ.IBM.HXML160.F1.pax.Z
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU      121895424 Jun  6  2005
DEPT42RJ.IBM.HXML160.F2.pax.Z
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU      31352832 Jun  6  2005
DEPT42RJ.IBM.HXML160.F3.pax.Z
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU       290304 Jun  6  2005
DEPT42RJ.IBM.HXML170.F1.pax.Z
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU      94606848 Jun  6  2005
DEPT42RJ.IBM.HXML170.F2.pax.Z
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU      38481408 Jun  6  2005
DEPT42RJ.IBM.HXML170.F3.pax.Z
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU       516096 Jun  6  2005
DEPT42RJ.IBM.HXML180.F1.pax.Z
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU      141571584 Jun  6  2005
DEPT42RJ.IBM.HXML180.F2.pax.Z
-rwxr-xr-x   1 MCUAMR   MCU      76027392 Jun  6  2005
DEPT42RJ.IBM.HXML180.F3.pax.Z

Is this process correct one ?
Do I need to run pax -rvf command on all these files ( .Z) also ?
Finally for all other platforms like Solaris ( for building XML Library )
, we do have bin directory which contains some binary files specific to
that Platform.
        Now here do i need to keep binaries in some dataset Or Unix
subsystem ?

-Waiting for your reply.

-Regards
Makarand Mukund Kulkarni
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: makarand.kulkarni@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

David Cargill <cargilld@ca.ibm.com>
02/20/2006 05:46 PM

c-dev@xerces.apache.org
cc
makarand.kulkarni@tcs.com
Subject
Re: Location XERCES Library for ZOS

Hi Makarand,
The source for Xerces for z/OS (and every other platform) is available at
http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-c/xerces-c-current.tar.gz.

We don't provide binaries for z/OS in Apache.  If you want binaries you
can
get them from IBM as they are shipped in the z/OS XML Toolkit.  See
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/software/xml/ for more
details (the 1.8 version of the toolkit ships xercesc 2.6).

Regards,
David A. Cargill
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
(905) 413-2371, tie 969
cargilld@ca.ibm.com

             makarand.kulkarni
             @tcs.com

             02/16/2006 06:47          xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org,
             AM                        xerces-c-dev-help@xml.apache.org
                                                                        cc

                   c-dev               Location XERCES Library for ZOS

Hi,

We want to Build xerces Library for on ZOS( OS/390).
Can you please let us know the location of Downloading Sources & Binaries
for the same.?

As I have got information on Apache Site that there is support for OS
390/ZOS in xerces library. But didnt see the sources in any of archives.

-Waiting for your reply.

-Thanks and Regards
Makarand

Mailto: makarand.kulkarni@tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or
attachments
to it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution,
printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message
and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received
this
communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and
immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. Thank
you

ForwardSourceID:NT0001493E