xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From ja...@openinformatics.com (Jason E. Stewart)
Subject Re: Committers: use svn autoprops
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 03:21:11 GMT
James Berry <jberry@apache.org> writes:

> Luckily, you can also set your svn config (for the command line
> client) in ~/.subversion/config to tell it to automatically apply
> these properties to files matching a pattern. I would recommend you
> do this, as it is otherwise easy to forget to set the properties.

Hi James,

Thanks for pointing this out - I didn't know that you could do this in
the config file.

One thought that I have is that we don't want to really on this - if
one committer forgets to do this, then the file gets messed up.

If it's desired, I'm happy to write a short perl script that will set
the properties we need on all the files they need to be set.

Secondly, I noticed that in the past the individual files use the $Log
keyword. I find this pointless because 'svn log' and 'svn blame' are
so much more useful, and it means that I have to scroll down two pages
to find the actual code.

Does anyone like the $Log expansion? If not, I would like to propose
eliminating it.

Cheers,
jas.