xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Niels Holst" <Niels.Ho...@agrsci.dk>
Subject Building the Xerces-C++ library with Borland C++Builder: No DLL file generated
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:25:43 GMT
Hi,
I am following the instructions to build the Xerces-C++ library with Borland C++Builder:

	http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/build-winunix.html#WinBorlandBuilder

However, when I choose "Project|Build XercesLib" from the menu I get this error:

	[C++ Fatal Error] Xerceslib.cpp(32): F1013 Error writing output file

Pressing F1 gives this explanation:

	A DOS error that prevents the C++ IDE from writing an .OBJ, .EXE, or temporary file.

	Solutions
	Make sure that the Output directory in the Directories dialog box is a valid directory.
	Check that there is enough free disk space.

My drive has plenty of space, so I inspected the Output directories. The "Intermediate output
directory" was given as

	..\..\..\..\..\Build\Win32\BCB6\obj

The "Final output directory" was given as

	..\..\..\..\..\Build\Win32\BCB6\

Followingly, I created those to folders and again tried "Project|Build XercesLib". Hooray,
BCB6 ended successfully with, "Compiled: Done". But hey, what about linking?

Looking in ..\..\..\..\..\Build\Win32\BCB6\obj I find the generated Xerceslib.obj but, alas,
the ..\..\..\..\..\Build\Win32\BCB6\ folder is empty. In fact I can find, neither Xerceslib.dll
nor Xerceslib.lib, anywhere on my drive.

How do I proceed to generate the library?

Kindly,
Niels.
http://web.agrsci.dk/plb/nho/