xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Joanne Bogart <...@slac.stanford.edu>
Subject Building Xerces-c 2.6 with Microsoft .Net
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:47:05 GMT
I haven't been able to build Xerces-c 2.6 under Microsoft .Net so that a
sample program like DOMCount will run properly.  I can run the pre-built
version successfully on my system, but, since our code is built debug, I
need to build a debug version of the Xerces library.

The sequence of events has been something like this:

I double-click on the VC7 project file for all.

 MSDev converts all the project file stuff to be 7.1 compatible.

I build xerces-all.  There are no complaints.

I try to run DOMCount.  A dialog comes up:

"These project configurations(s) are out of date:

   xml4com - Debug Win32

Would you like to build them?"

 I've tried both rebuilding and not rebuilding.  If I say to rebuild, I
believe it claims it succeeded (without actually doing anything except
checking whether everything is up to date), but will keep prompting me
every time I attempt to run a program.

When I run the program, it fails in this section of DOMCount:

  if (recognizeNEL)

        {

            XMLPlatformUtils::recognizeNEL(recognizeNEL);

        }

   catch (const XMLException& toCatch)

    {

         XERCES_STD_QUALIFIER cerr << "Error during initialization! :\n"

              << StrX(toCatch.getMessage()) << XERCES_STD_QUALIFIER endl;

         return 1;

    }

The debugger says recognizeNEL is false, but nonetheless it tries to
execute the next line. It won't  let me step into the call to
XMLPlatformUtils::recognizeNEL; execution lands in the catch block.

Has anyone tried this?  Or is there a prebuilt debug version of the
library + sample program somewhere?

Thanks,
Joanne