xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Gareth Reakes <parthe...@parthenoncomputing.com>
Subject Re: DOMWriter Questions
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 19:39:10 GMT

> I'm new to the Xerces parser, so I was just wondering
> what other methods the DOM supports and would I want
> to perform on the XML string?

Take a look at a tutorial or the docs for a full list.

> So far, I've simply
> taken the XML string and performed schema validation
> and parsing on it.  So, I haven't manipulated it.  If
> this is the case, isn't it simpler to encode the
> string manually?

In general no. It is surprisingly difficult to write code that always
outputs well formed XML when you are dealing with strings. There are all
sorts of escaping issues etc. In addition, you cannot use C++ string if
you want foreign language support.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Managing Director            +44-1865-811184
Parthenon Computing                http://www.parthcomp.com