xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From David Cargill <cargi...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject RE: z/OS and OS/390 runConfigure ???
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:13:38 GMT

Hi,
To build xerces-c on 390 we just use "configure" rather than using the
runConfigure wrapper script so that is why the runConfigure script hasn't
been modified.  I will see what we can do about getting runConfigure
modified for 390 for the next release...

The environment variables I set (the last time I built it which was a while
ago) before calling configure are:
export TRANSCODER=Uniconv390  (you might want NATIVE instead).
export MESSAGELOADER=INMEM
export USELIBWWW=0
export NETACCESSOR=Socket
export CC=c89
export CXX=c++
unset _CXX_CXXSUFFIX
export _CXX_CCMODE=1
export _C89_CCMODE=1

after running configure,
export _CXX_CXXSUFFIX=cpp
gmake

Regards,
David A. Cargill

             "Bovy, Stephen J"
             <STEPHEN.Bovy@ca.
                                       <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
             04/28/2004 01:28                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: z/OS and OS/390   runConfigure
             Please respond to         ???
               xerces-c-dev

Then why haven't those fixes been merged back into the Xerces tree ???

Is IBM not being a good citizen in this matter ???

Is IBM Purposefully and intentionally maintaining a "separate" "fork" of
Xerces ?????

The main reason I ask this , is because the official IBM toolkit is always
way way behind the current Xerces version.

And on the Alpha works site there are no binary builds provided for z/OS,
which is frustratingly stupid.