xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From David Cargill <cargi...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject RE: z/OS and OS/390 runConfigure ???
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:58:42 GMT

Hi Dan,
That is the basic approach we take, using pax -o to=IBM-1047,from=ISO8859-1
-r < xxx.tar.  When doing the pax I get messages about "@LongLink" (cannot
create, permission denied) that I ignore...

Where these the errors you were seeing?

Regards,
David A. Cargill

             "moshief, daniel"
             <moshief_daniel@e
             mc.com>                                                    To
                                       "'xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org'"
             04/28/2004 03:06          <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: z/OS and OS/390   runConfigure
               xerces-c-dev            ???

Thank you David.
Let me cover a more basic question.  For z/OS, am I suppose to download the
tar file from the website and use pax to load it onto HFS or is there
another route to get the xerces tree onto HFS.  The pax route generated a
few error messages.

Thanks,

Dan