xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From David Cargill <cargi...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject RE: AS400, was: z/OS and OS/390 runConfigure ???
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:46:49 GMT

Hi Patrick,
Still looking for an answer, however from looking at some of the error
messages you got can you try one of the following:

In the runConfigure script there is the following statement:
./configure --host AS400-OS400 $configureoptions

Can you try changing it to?
./configure --host OS400 $configureoptions

Alternatively, modify configure by adding:
        *-*-AS400-OS400*)     platform=OS400 ;;
before the lines..
        *-*-os400*)     platform=OS400 ;;
        *-*-OS400*)     platform=OS400 ;;

Let me know how this works...

Regards,
David A. Cargill

             "Patrick
             Townsend"
             <Patrick.Townsend                                          To
             2@patownsend.com>         <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             04/29/2004 10:23
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       RE: AS400, was:  z/OS and OS/390
                                       runConfigure ???
             Please respond to
               xerces-c-dev

Hi David,

Here is how we are tried to build 2.5.0:

   runConfigure -p os400 -x icc -c icc -m inmem -t Iconv400

The first bit of output looks like this:

Generating makefiles with the following options ...
Platform: os400
C Compiler: icc
C++ Compiler: icc
Message Loader: inmem
Net Accessor: socket
Transcoder: Iconv400
Thread option: pthread
bitsToBuild option: 32
Extra compile options:
Extra link options:
Extra configure options:
Debug is OFF
NATIVE OS400 BUILD

Then some checking of compiler options happens. One error pops out of this
process:

  Invalid configuration `AS400-OS400': machine `AS400' not recognized

A lot of make files get created. Then this:

In future, you may also directly type the following commands to create the
Makefiles.
export TRANSCODER="Iconv400"
export MESSAGELOADER="INMEM"
export NETACCESSOR="Socket"
export THREADS="pthread"
export BITSTOBUILD="32"
export CC="icc"
export CXX="icc"
export
CXXFLAGS=" -DPROJ_XMLPARSER -DPROJ_XMLUTIL -DPROJ_PARSERS -DPROJ_SAX4C
-DPRO
J_SAX2
ICONV400_TRANSCODER -DXML_USE_INMEM_MESSAGELOADER -DXML_USE_PTHREADS
-DXML_U
SE_NETACCESSOR
export
CFLAGS=" -DPROJ_XMLPARSER -DPROJ_XMLUTIL -DPROJ_PARSERS -DPROJ_SAX4C
-DPROJ_
SAX2 -D
ONV400_TRANSCODER -DXML_USE_INMEM_MESSAGELOADER -DXML_USE_PTHREADS
-DXML_USE
_NETACCESSOR_S
export LDFLAGS=" "
export LIBS=" -lpthread "
configure

When I run gmake it fails with this:

gmake
Preparing the directory structure for a build ...
mkdir -p /xerces/xerces-c-src_2_5_0/obj/UNKNOWN
mkdir -p /xerces/xerces-c-src_2_5_0/lib
/usr/bin/gmake -C util includes
GMAKE[1]: Entering directory `/xerces/xerces250/src/xercesc/util'
mkdir -p /xerces/xerces-c-src_2_5_0/include/xercesc/util
cp -fp ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.hpp AutoSense.hpp BaseRefVectorOf.
BinMemInputStream.hpp BitOps.hpp BitSet.hpp CountedPointer.hpp DefaultPa
hpp FlagJanitor.hpp HashBase.hpp HashCMStateSet.hpp HashPtr.hpp HashXMLC
Exception.hpp IOException.hpp Janitor.hpp KeyRefPair.hpp KeyValuePair.hp
ntException.hpp NullPointerException.hpp NumberFormatException.hpp OutOf
latformUtils.hpp QName.hpp RefArrayOf.hpp RefArrayVectorOf.hpp RefHashTa
RefStackOf.hpp RefVectorOf.hpp RuntimeException.hpp SchemaDateTimeExcept
ringPool.hpp TranscodingException.hpp TransENameMap.hpp TransService.hpp
hpp UTFDataFormatException.hpp ValueArrayOf.hpp ValueHashTableOf.hpp Val
ion.hpp XMemory.hpp XMLAbstractDoubleFloat.hpp XMLASCIITranscoder.hpp XM
oder.hpp XMLDateTime.hpp XMLDeleterFor.hpp XMLDOMMsg.hpp XMLDouble.hpp X
r.hpp XMLException.hpp XMLExceptMsgs.hpp XMLFloat.hpp XMLIBM1047Transcod
er.hpp XMLNetAccessor.hpp XMLNumber.hpp XMLRegisterCleanup.hpp XMLResour
UCS4Transcoder.hpp XMLUni.hpp XMLUniDefs.hpp XMLUri.hpp XMLURL.hpp XMLUT
der.hpp XML256TableTranscoder.hpp XML88591Transcoder.hpp BaseRefVectorOf
KeyValuePair.c NameIdPool.c RefArrayOf.c RefArrayVectorOf.c
RefHashTableOf.c
f.c RefVectorOf.c TransENameMap.c ValueArrayOf.c ValueHashTableOf.c
ValueSta
/xerces/xerces-c-src_2_5_0/include/xercesc/util
cp: 001-0070 Exception MCH0601 not expected.
GMAKE[1]: [pubheaders] Error 1 (ignored)
/usr/bin/gmake -C Platforms includes
GMAKE[2]: Entering directory `/xerces/xerces250/src/xercesc/util/Platforms'
/usr/bin/gmake -C  includes
GMAKE: Entering an unknown directory
GMAKE: *** includes: No such path or directory..  Stop.
GMAKE: Leaving an unknown directory
GMAKE[2]: *** [includes] Error 2
GMAKE[2]: Leaving directory `/xerces/xerces250/src/xercesc/util/Platforms'
GMAKE[1]: *** [includes] Error 2
GMAKE[1]: Leaving directory `/xerces/xerces250/src/xercesc/util'
GMAKE: *** [Prepare] Error 2

I'm guessing that the preceding error about the platform is confusing
gmake?

Any thoughts you have would be appreciated.

Patrick