xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From David Cargill <cargi...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject RE: AS400, was: z/OS and OS/390 runConfigure ???
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:04:19 GMT

Hi Patrick,
I have never used AS/400 so I will have to do some digging to find this
information for you.

I would imagine you would have to set:
export TRANSCODER=Uniconv390  (you might want NATIVE instead).
export MESSAGELOADER=INMEM
export USELIBWWW=0
export NETACCESSOR=Socket
export CC=???
export CXX=???

But I am not sure what to set CC and CXX to on AS/400.

BTW, the environment variables that the runConfigure sets are (some are
optional):
TRANSCODER
MESSAGELOADER
NETACCESSOR
THREADS
BITSTOBUILD
CC
CXX
CXXFLAGS
CFLAGS
LDFLAGS
LIBS

Regards,
David A. Cargill

             "Patrick
             Townsend"
             <Patrick.Townsend                                          To
             2@patownsend.com>         <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
             04/28/2004 10:59
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       RE: AS400, was:  z/OS and OS/390
                                       runConfigure ???
             Please respond to
               xerces-c-dev

Hi David,

I would like to build this on the AS/400 (iSeries), too. Can you tell me
the
settings for AS/400? I've loaded gmake so I think I just need the exports.

Thanks,
Patrick