xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From James Berry <ja...@jberry.us>
Subject Re: transcoding crash on mac
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 19:03:22 GMT
Hi Adam,

I don't know whether you have access to the plug-in sources or not, but
you could certainly test this hypothesis by creating a small object
that sits and global scope in order to verify whether it gets
constructed. Assuming that it doesn't, you probably have a several
choices:

	- Create your own "start" stub that calls the static constructors
before invoking the start code supplied by the plug-in owner.
	- At the time your code is first invoked, call the static construction
code.
	- Use the startup code intended for drop-ins or shared libraries,
which has distinct provision for calling static constructors from the
initialize entry point rather than the main entry point.

Codewarrior's static construction routine is called __sinit(). You can
see how it's called by looking at the startup code source code provided
by Metrowerks (Metrowerks CodeWarrior/MacOS
Support/Libraries/Runtime/(Common Sources)/PPC Source/) Note that there
are several different varieties of startup code intended for different
purposes (plugins, shared libraries, etc...the comments at the top of
each tell some of the tale).

James.