xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Alberto Massari <amass...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Xerces 2.5 & PlatformSDK & VC++ 6
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:51:52 GMT
At 10.28 06/04/2004 +0200, Milan Tomic wrote:

>         I've just installed MS Windows PlatformSDK (August 2002) and
> pointed Visual C++ 6 to use those directories. The problem is that
> compiler now reports that DOMDocument is ambigious (also exists in MSXML)
> and I have to add "xercesc_2_5::" in a front of every DOMDocument
> declaration in my app. I have XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_USE macro defined. How
> can I solve this?

Unfortunately, you have to prepend either xercesc_2_5:: or
XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_QUALIFIER before each occurrence of DOMDocument type.
That's because the Platform SDK declares a global type DOMDocument and the
compiler doesn't know which one to pick (the one in the global namespace or
the one in the default namespace set by XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_USE)