xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeroen N. Witmond" <...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Xerces 2.5 & PlatformSDK & VC++ 6
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:47:22 GMT

> 	I've just installed MS Windows PlatformSDK (August 2002) and
> pointed Visual C++ 6 to use those directories. The problem is that
> compiler now reports that DOMDocument is ambigious (also exists in
> MSXML) and I have to add "xercesc_2_5::" in a front of every DOMDocument
> declaration in my app. I have XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_USE macro defined.
> How can I solve this?

I don't know how you can tell Visual C++ 6 to prefer the XercesC
DOMDocument above the MSXML one. But if it turns out that you have to use
a qualifier for DOMDocument, I'd advice you not to use
"xercesc_2_5::DOMDocument", as this binds you to the current version of
XercesC. Use either "XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_QUALIFIER DOMDocument" (without
colons), or "xercesc::DOMDocument" (with colons). The former has the
advantage of also compiling on compilers without support for namespaces,
and hence is more portable.

Regards,

Jeroen.