xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: motion to transform Xerces into a top-level project as a member of the "federation" of XML projects
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:05:39 GMT
Any thoughts - not just from Xerces, but others as well?  We have one
month to the board meeting where we need to say what we are doing in
this space.

We either need to make this happen (and thus recognise that
Xerces/Xalan/etc are already acting as TLPs), or we need to look at how
the XML PMC is going to more effectively oversite the "sub-projects".

I *really* don't want to head down the latter path, as it means the XML
PMC is going to have to start getting involved in code changes and
releases for all the sub-projects.

Cheers,
	Berin