xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: motion to transform Xerces into a top-level project as a member of the "federation" of XML projects
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:42:12 GMT
Peoples,

I have hacked around a board resolution for making Xerces a TLP.

It's actually the only thing needed to get things going.  But to finish
it, a PMC and chair would need to be added in.

Tell me if I'm wasting my time :>.  I'd very much like to get one or two
of these moving by the next board meeting (one month from now).  But if
it's not to be, then we also need to start working out how we are going
to improve XML PMC oversite of Xerces and the other sub-projects.

All thoughts welcome!  I'd very much like to understand what everyone's
feelings are in relation to making Xerces (and the other sub-projects) TLPs.

Cheers,
	Berin

   WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in
   the best interests of the Foundation and consistent with
   the Foundation's purpose to establish a Project Management
   open-source software related to XML parsers, for distribution
   at no charge to the public.

   Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Xerces PMC", be and
   hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
   and be it further

   RESOLVED, that the Xerces PMC be and hereby is responsible
   for the creation and maintenance of software related to creation
   and maintenance of open-source software related to XML parsers
   based on software licensed to the Foundation; and be it further

   RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Xerces" be and
   hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve
   at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the
   Xerces PMC, and to have primary responsibility for management
   of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the
   Xerces PMC; and be it further

   RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby
   are appointed to serve as the initial members of the Xerces PMC:

   * name <address@apache.org>
   * name2 <address2@apache.org>

   NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that REPLACE WITH CHAIR
   be and hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, Xerces,
   to serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
   Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death,
   resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a
   successor is appointed; and be it further

   RESOLVED, that the initial Xerces PMC be and hereby is tasked
   with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to encourage open
   development and increased participation in the Xerces Project;
   and be it further

   RESOLVED, that the initial Xerces PMC be and hereby is tasked
   with the migration and rationalization of the Apache XML PMC
   Xerces subproject; and be it further

   RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the XML
   Xerces sub-project and encumbered upon the Apache XML PMC
   are hereafter discharged.