xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Agrawal, Vikas (ELS)" <V.Agra...@elsevier.co.uk>
Subject RE: [Pathan-devel] XPathException: The expression '/child::*[1]/* ' is an invalid XPath expression
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:57:25 GMT
Hiran,
Thanks for your reply. Actually problem is common to any kind of expression.
I am using pathan in my application and there also I am getting invalid
XPath expression for all my expressions. Surprising thing is that my
application was used to work with Pathan 1.2 release 1. As soon as I
upgraded to Pathan 1.2 release 2 it has stopped working. Though still it is
working on Windows using Pathan 1.2 release 2 but not on Solaris.

See following is the straight forward simple expression but still it fails.
XPathException: The expression
'/xmlns:dataset/xmlns:dataset-content/xmlns:book-project/xmlns:files-info/xm
lns:ml/xmlns:pathname' is an invalid XPath expression

I thought it might be the problem with namespace hence I changed above
expression to (on solaris)
'/dataset/dataset-content/book-project/files-info/ml/pathname'
Now it does not throw invalid XPath expression exception but returns the
multiple of random data from the tree.

Even I modified expression as you suggested in the sample program provided
by Pathan but still getting
bash-2.05$ 002-SingleNodeFromList
XPathException: The expression '/*[1]/*' is an invalid XPath expression

Thanks.
Vikas Agrawal