xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From david_n_bert...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Placement operator delete invocation is not yet implemented.
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 02:06:28 GMT

Hi Neil,

We build Xalan-C with that version of the compiler and we still see those
warnings.  We compile with +p, which may explain why we get them, and
Xerces-C does not.

Dave

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Neil Graham     |
|         |           <neilg@ca.ibm.co|
|         |           m>              |
|         |                           |
|         |           03/02/2004 05:33|
|         |           PM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to xerces-c-dev |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        To:      xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
                                        |
  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                        |
  |        Subject: Re: Placement operator delete invocation is  not yet implemented.

Hi Prahalad,

What exact version of aCC are you using?  We're aware that, somewhere
between A.03.13, where the compiler produced errors for placement delete,
and A.03.52, where it produces no errors or warnings (like all the other
compilers), there was evidently quite a change.  Perhaps you have a version
somewhere in the middle.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

                      "Appaji, Prahalad P

                      [ITS]"                          To:
<xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
                      <prahalad.p.appaji@mail.        cc:

                      sprint.com>                     Subject:  Placement
operator delete invocation is  not yet implemented.

                      03/02/2004 06:49 PM

                      Please respond to

                      xerces-c-dev

All,

We are upgrading from Xerces 2.2 to 2.5 ( latest release ) on HP-UX 11
I am seeing whole range of unresoved symbols as follows . Any help
is appreciated

      Warning 930:

"/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.hpp",
 line 68 # Placement operator delete

          invocation is not yet implemented.
          MakeXMLException(ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Warning 930:
      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/IllegalArgumentException.hpp", line
      70 # Placement operator delete
          invocation is not yet implemented.
          MakeXMLException(IllegalArgumentException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Warning 930:
      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/NoSuchElementException.hpp", line
      70 # Placement operator delete invocation

          is not yet implemented.
          MakeXMLException(NoSuchElementException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Warning 930: "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/RuntimeException.hpp",
      line 70 # Placement operator delete invocation is not

          yet implemented.
          MakeXMLException(RuntimeException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Warning 930:
      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/NullPointerException.hpp", line 70
      # Placement operator delete invocation is

          not yet implemented.
          MakeXMLException(NullPointerException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Warning 930:
      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/internal/XSerializationException.hpp",
      line 75 # Placement operator delete
          invocation is not yet implemented.
          MakeXMLException(XSerializationException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
      Warning 930:
      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/EmptyStackException.hpp", line 69 #
      Placement operator delete invocation is

          not yet implemented.
          MakeXMLException(EmptyStackException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)

thanks,
Prahalad