xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From david_n_bert...@us.ibm.com
Subject RE: Placement operator delete invocation is not yet implemented.
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:39:16 GMT

Hi,

This warning does not cause any unresolved symbol problems on HP.  I get
the same warnings when I build, but have no problems linking and running
with Xerces-C 2.5.

If you posted a _small_ snippet of some of the unresolved symbols, someone
might be able to help, but you've not done that yet.

Dave

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           "Appaji, Prahalad P     |
|         |           [ITS]"                  |
|         |           <prahalad.p.appaji@mail.|
|         |           sprint.com>             |
|         |                                   |
|         |           03/03/2004 08:11 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           xerces-c-dev            |
|---------+----------------------------------->

  |        To:      <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
                                              |
  |        cc:      "Perkins, William G [ITS]" <william.g.perkins@mail.sprint.com>,
"Oommen, Suja [ITS]"                          |
  |        <suja.x.oommen@mail.sprint.com>, (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                              |
  |        Subject: RE: Placement operator delete invocation is  not yet implemented.

Hello Neil,

Appreciate your feedback.

We are using  aCC version A.03.25. From what you say, it's in the middle.
What do you suggest? Can you point to a stable version of xerces earlier
than 2.5 that can handle this. It would be nice to have the latest i.e 2.5
and if so is there a way to workaround this.

Also the warning which later causes the unresolved symbol error -
"Placement operator delete     invocation is not yet implemented"  hints
that "something" is not YET implemented. But when I searched the symbols
they were found to be in 2.2 version. So are they deprecated now? the
warning does not mean that.