xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Appaji, Prahalad P [ITS]" <prahalad.p.app...@mail.sprint.com>
Subject RE: Placement operator delete invocation is not yet implemented.
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:20:33 GMT
Hello Dave,

We do see it as warnings because I did not do a forced build using -u option of clearmake
and let the winking work. That meant it still was referring to xerces 2.2 version. Anyway,
when I deployed my executables that's when I saw the unresolved symbols. Please note that
in the deployed environment the xerces version was 2.5.

thanks,
Prahalad

	-----Original Message-----
	From: david_n_bertoni@us.ibm.com [mailto:david_n_bertoni@us.ibm.com]
	Sent: Tue 3/2/2004 6:32 PM
	To: xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
	Subject: Re: Placement operator delete invocation is not yet implemented.

	I don't see any unresolved symbols, only warnings that the HP compiler does
	not implement part of the C++ standard.

	Dave

	|---------+----------------------------------->
	|         |           "Appaji, Prahalad P     |
	|         |           [ITS]"                  |
	|         |           <prahalad.p.appaji@mail.|
	|         |           sprint.com>             |
	|         |                                   |
	|         |           03/02/2004 03:49 PM     |
	|         |           Please respond to       |
	|         |           xerces-c-dev            |
	|---------+----------------------------------->

	  |        To:      <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
                                               |
	  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                         |
	  |        Subject: Placement operator delete invocation is  not yet implemented.

	All,

	We are upgrading from Xerces 2.2 to 2.5 ( latest release ) on HP-UX 11
	I am seeing whole range of unresoved symbols as follows . Any help
	is appreciated

	      Warning 930:
	      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.hpp",
	 line 68 # Placement operator delete

	          invocation is not yet implemented.
	          MakeXMLException(ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	      Warning 930:
	      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/IllegalArgumentException.hpp", line
	      70 # Placement operator delete
	          invocation is not yet implemented.
	          MakeXMLException(IllegalArgumentException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	      Warning 930:
	      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/NoSuchElementException.hpp", line
	      70 # Placement operator delete invocation

	          is not yet implemented.
	          MakeXMLException(NoSuchElementException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	      Warning 930: "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/RuntimeException.hpp",
	      line 70 # Placement operator delete invocation is not

	          yet implemented.
	          MakeXMLException(RuntimeException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	      Warning 930:
	      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/NullPointerException.hpp", line 70
	      # Placement operator delete invocation is

	          not yet implemented.
	          MakeXMLException(NullPointerException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
	      Warning 930:
	      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/internal/XSerializationException.hpp",
	      line 75 # Placement operator delete
	          invocation is not yet implemented.
	          MakeXMLException(XSerializationException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)
	      Warning 930:
	      "/opt/xerces/include/xercesc/util/EmptyStackException.hpp", line 69 #
	      Placement operator delete invocation is

	          not yet implemented.
	          MakeXMLException(EmptyStackException, XMLUTIL_EXPORT)

	thanks,
	Prahalad