xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Appaji, Prahalad P [ITS]" <prahalad.p.app...@mail.sprint.com>
Subject RE: Placement operator delete invocation is not yet implemented.
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:14:19 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks for several pointers, dealing with it one by one to make it work. Sorry, I did not
mean to say I had problem building/linking Xerces library instead I have problem when I run
my servers with path pointing to Xerces 2.5 library than the earlier 2.2. I have a binary
version and don't have the source version.

During the build with xerces path set to xerces 2.5 I get several warnings ( bottom of this
email ). I get this even when XERCESROOT is set to /opt/xerces. I don't think I need to set
XERCESCROOT as I am dealing with binary version and if I have to I don't know what to pint
it to. I do have Xerces 2.2 but is in a different path ( /opt/xerces.2.2 ). I guess that's
OK. I haven't tried working the sample applications yet.

thanks,
Prahalad

-----Original Message-----
From: david_n_bertoni@us.ibm.com [mailto:david_n_bertoni@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 11:18 AM
To: xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Placement operator delete invocation is not yet
implemented.

Hi,

The mangled names suggest you have old objects or old header files in the
build, since the missing symbols are in the namespace "xercesc_2_2".

>From what I can see, this doesn't have anything to do with building the
Xerces-C library, although your email seemed to suggest the missing symbols
were from linking the Xerces-C library.  Rather, these look like load-time
symbols problems.  Can you confirm the Xerces-C library linked without any
missing symbols?  Did you try to build one of the Xerces-C sample
applications?  Do you have Xerces-C 2.2 somewhere on your machine?  Did you
set the XERCESCROOT environment variable properly.

Dave

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           "Appaji, Prahalad P     |
|         |           [ITS]"                  |
|         |           <prahalad.p.appaji@mail.|
|         |           sprint.com>             |
|         |                                   |
|         |           03/03/2004 09:01 AM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           xerces-c-dev            |
|---------+----------------------------------->

  |        To:      <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
                                              |
  |        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                        |
  |        Subject: RE: Placement operator delete invocation is  not yet implemented.

Hi Dave,

That's very strange. My fault.. please see the sample of unresolved symbols
that I get during startup of my executables below...it's actually the same
as the warnings during build. As I said earlier these symbols exist in 2.2
version but in 2.5.

*******************
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
typeid__XTQ2_11xercesc_2_212XMLException_ (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
typeid__XTQ2_11xercesc_2_216DOM_DOMException_ (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
typeid__XTQ2_11xercesc_2_213XMLEntityDecl_ (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
fgArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException_Name__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
fgEmptyStackException_Name__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
fgIllegalArgumentException_Name__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
fgNoSuchElementException_Name__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
fgRuntimeException_Name__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
fgNullPointerException_Name__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
fgXMLPlatformUtilsException_Name__Q2_11xercesc_2_26XMLUni (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libdomain_s.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol:
typeid__XTQ2_11xercesc_2_212XMLException_ (data)  from
/antsadm/ants/reltest/lib/libelem_xml_s.sl