xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Gareth Reakes <gar...@decisionsoft.com>
Subject Re: which parser shall I use?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 09:31:07 GMT
Hi,

> 1) DOMBuilder

The DOM Level 3 parser. This may, amongst other things, change name before
it gets to Candidate Recomendation. On the other hand, it will be the
standards complient way to go. Its what I use internally.

> 2) XercesDOMParser

This is the way we parsed before DOM specified how we should. This is
stable and widly used.

> 3) SAX2XMLReader

This is for SAX2.

> 4) SAXParser

This is for SAX1.

> 5) deprecated DOMParser
Don't use this.

> Which parser should I use? Which parser is fastest?

If you don't need to build a full DOM Tree then SAX will be much faster
(but you will have to specify what happens in each of the handlers - see
the samples). If you do then either XercesDOMParser or DOMBuilder
depending on the level of stability you require.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com