xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Neil Graham" <ne...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Schema annotation support
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 16:05:14 GMT
Hi all,

Just as another datapoint, there exists an (as yet unimplemented) interface
for accessing the contents of xs:annotations in Xerces-J.  Go to
http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/xerces2/index.html and look at the
XSAnnotation class for details.  Implementation would be tricky I'll admit,
but if we went in a direction like this then at least we'd be using
standard interfaces.

In general, I'm hoping to see us converge with Xerces-J as much as possible
in PSVI support.  Obviously, some work has been done on the PSVI in
Xerces-C already, and whatever's yet to do will need to be consistent with
that; but it would surely benefit everybody if all the Xercen looked
externally as similar as possible.  I'm hoping to spend a fair bit of
quality time enhancing our PSVI/schema component support in a couple of
months, for folks information.

BTW, it would be great Gareth if you could share the interfaces you're
sending to Richard with the list; that way we can all hopefully provide
constructive suggestions.

Cheers!
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

|         |           Gareth Reakes    |
|         |           <gareth@decisions|
|         |           oft.com>         |
|         |           04/02/2003 10:11 |
|         |           xerces-c-dev     |

  |       To:       xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
                                                      |
  |       cc:
                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: RFC: Schema annotation support

> There has been a demand for annotation support which is ignored
> after validation. I have few comments regarding your proposed
> solution. You are storing references to the appinfo/documentation
> dom nodes. First, this means that you are keeping around the whole
> dom tree in memory. Second, once the schema is processed, it's
> dom tree representation is no longer available in memory (it's deleted).
> I think the solution would be to follow the same mechanism as the
> SchemaElementDecl class. Create a SchemaAnnotation,
> SchemaAppinfo and SchemaDocumentation classes that would be
> created and filled by TraverseSchema as it's processing the
> corresponding dom nodes.

Took the words right out of my pine window :) Richard, I will mail you
what I have from the last implementation (I believe from Peter) that I
think Khaled will be more happy with.

Regarding the tests, take a look in the tests directory off of
XERCESCROOT. I don't immediately see a directory in there that would be
suitable, but you will see there are many different ways we tests
depending on the situation.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com