xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Neil Graham" <ne...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: SAXPrint not printing DOCTYPE
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2003 16:05:59 GMT
Hi,

I believe sax2/DeclHandler is (at least) what you'll need.

Cheers!
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

|         |           Gareth Reakes    |
|         |           <gareth@decisions|
|         |           oft.com>         |
|         |           04/02/2003 10:38 |
|         |           xerces-c-dev     |

  |       To:       xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
                                                      |
  |       cc:
                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: SAXPrint not printing DOCTYPE

Hi,
             DOMPrint uses DOMWriter while the SAX programs print stuff out

based on SAX events. To implement it in the SAX programs you would need to
write the appropriate handler in the SAXPrintHandler file. I believe that
doctypeDecl will do what you need although its been a while since I used
SAX.

Gareth

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Adam Rogoyski wrote:

>    Hi.  The SAXPrint and SAX2Print sample code do not print out the
> <!DOCTYPE declaration of the included personal.xml, whereas DOMPrint
does.
> Is there a reason for this?  And is there an easy way to change SAX2Print
> so it does print the DOCTYPE declaration?  Thank you.
>
>    Adam
>
> --
> Sorry if this message is a dupe, I never saw the first one in the mail
> archive after I sent it.

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services