xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Gareth Reakes <gar...@decisionsoft.com>
Subject Re: How to add namspace mapping to DOM node?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:39:14 GMT
Hi,
	Namespace binding occurs at parse time so even if you do this it
will not have any effect on eles/attrs prefixed with "D" in the scope of
the ns attr. The DOMWriter is speced to "namespace normalize" a document.
This means that it sorts all this stuff out and puts the appropriate
prefixs etc in. This is not yet implemented.
	When you create your ns node are you going:

DOMDocument::createAttributeNS("....", "xmlns:D")  ?

Gareth

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, jiang lei wrote:

> hi,
> My application requires that I use arbitrary namespace mappings like
>
>     xmlns:D="DAV:"
>
> in my tags. So I use DOMDocument::createAttributeNS() to create them and
> DOMElement::setAttributeNode() to add them to certain elements. But after I
> serialized the documents to local files, the prefix part("xmlns") were all
> gone. The all became
>
>     D="DAV:"
>
> I searched the mail archieve. There seemed to be a lot of discussions over
> this topic, but none of them answers my question. Is there any way to do
> that?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Lei

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services