xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <david_n_bert...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Namespaces for the project
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:22:21 GMT

Since a namespace has to be a constant, there would be no way to have your
own namespace prefix, short of having you build your own version of Xerces.
If you look more closely, you'll see the namespace takes into account the
version number of Xerces.  For example, in 2.2, the name of the Xerces
namespace is xercesc_2_2.

                      Kiran"                    To:      "'xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org'" <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
                      <kbagepalli@infor         cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                      matica.com>               Subject: Namespaces for the project
                      02/10/2003 04:07
                      Please respond to

I am a little confused with the namespace implementation for the xerces
project. What I was looking at is a way to version the releases on Xerces
C++ using namespace. The issue here is that if two different versions of
xerces(binary) exist, it will be difficult to resolve the right calls. I
assuming I could use by own namespace prefix like MYNAMESPACE for all the
xerces files but there seems to be a constant namespace
XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE. So across versions of xerces the namespace would be
the same.
View raw message