xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Morin <guilla...@morinfr.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUCEMENT] Xerces-C++ 2.2.0 is ready
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:30:36 GMT
Dans un message du 07 Feb à  8:20, Tinny Ng écrivait :
> The release Xerces C++ 2.2.0 is now ready.
(snip)

I do not see any mentions of the ability to build a static library. It
was supposed to be included in this release :

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xerces-c-dev&m=102941246017830&w=2

The bug (#11237) has not even been updated although there are two
patches provided.

Any explanations ?

Again, if you cannot keep the ABI stable, you should provide a way to
build a static library. There are currently 3 xerces-c versions in
Debian because we cannot build a static version and this is _really_ a
PITA.

--
Guillaume Morin <guillaume@morinfr.org>

   I'm unclean, a libertine, every time you vent your spleen, I seem to lose
    the power of speech, you're slipping slowly from my reach, you grow me
        like an evergreen, you've never seen me lonely at all. (Placebo)