xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Tinny Ng" <tng-...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Namespaces for the project
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:43:08 GMT
Kiran,

http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/program-others.html#CPPNamespace has more
details.   Check the bottom which says:
    NOTE: "namespace xercesc" and "namespace xercesc_2_2" are equivalent in
this release.

    For those users who want to selectively pick which version of API to
use, they can do something like this:

    :

Tinny

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bagepalli, Kiran" <kbagepalli@informatica.com>
To: <xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 7:07 PM
Subject: Namespaces for the project

I am a little confused with the namespace implementation for the xerces
project. What I was looking at is a way to version the releases on Xerces
C++ using namespace. The issue here is that if two different versions of
xerces(binary) exist, it will be difficult to resolve the right calls. I was
assuming I could use by own namespace prefix like MYNAMESPACE for all the
xerces files but there seems to be a constant namespace
XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE. So across versions of xerces the namespace would be
the same.
Kiran