xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From murr...@t-online.de (Murray Cumming)
Subject Re: Proposal Review: Using C++ Namespace
Date Sat, 02 Nov 2002 12:07:54 GMT
On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 00:57, Tinny Ng wrote:
> 2.  The version number is included in the namespace name.   This is to allow
> co-existence of different Xerces-C++ releases on the same system.   Such
> idea is borrowed from ICU which seems working well.

It is not necessary to include the version in the namespace to allow
co-existence on the same system, though it is necessary to install the
headers in versioned directory and to use the major version number in
the library's name.

Why would anyone want to use 2 versions of Xerces-C++ in one
compilation? Nobody has needed to do it so far, so I don't see the need
to complicate things by fixing a bug/request that does not yet exist.

--
Murray Cumming
murray@usa.net