xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Christy, Rich" <Rich.Chri...@citadelgroup.com>
Subject RE: delete[] problems with transcode
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 19:44:21 GMT
OK, not removing the lists did stop the core dump.  When I ran Purify no
longer saw any references from my application creating lists as leaks like I
did in an earlier release.  However, I do see several references to possible
leaks in IDeepNodeListPool within calls to IDOM_NodeList
getElementsByTagName().  Any ideas?

Thanks

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Alberto Massari [mailto:alby@exceloncorp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 10:29 AM
To: xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: delete[] problems with transcode

At 08:08 AM 10/31/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>"Christy, Rich" wrote:
>
> > Actually purify was complaining of a memory leak with the list until I
> > deleted it.
>
>There may be an IDOM leak bug ....  How does the caller retrieve parameter
>"const IDOM_Element *parentElement" ?  If it is from the parser, then
memory
>should be released when the parser is destroyed.   If it is from an IDOM
>document that you are building, then delete the document itself should also
>release all the memory.   If leak still persists after the parser /
>document is
>destroyed, then please open a bugzilla bug for further investigation.  But
no
>matter what, please remove "delete list;" which will corrupt the heap and
core
>dump.

Tinny, I think that the IDOM_NodeList should be deleted; in fact, in this
case, IDOM it's probably not returning an internal list (like when you call
getChildren()), but allocating a brand new list just to hold the pointers
of the IDOM_Node objects that match the specified node name

IDOM_NodeList *list =
parentElement->getElementsByTagName(transcodedElement);

Alberto