xerces-c-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Weaver" <m...@npsl.co.uk>
Subject RE: internal compiler error
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 10:25:33 GMT
Yes, I see this quite a lot.  It's nothing to do with xerces and everything
to do with MS' rather poor handling of templates.  Try switching compilers -
mingw is a good substitute (minimal gcc on windows port).  If you are
desparate to stick with MS' shoddy offering then you are going to have to
put up with rather a lot of this I'm afraid.  I could make your code compile
by using

typedef void (XmlFunctionHandler::*endElementPtr)(const std::string&);

as the function handler prototype rather than

typedef void (XmlFunctionHandler::*endElementPtr)(string);

which is more efficient anyway as it doesn't copy the string object.
You also might want to note that XMLString::transcode returns a pointer to
an allocated buffer so your handlers will leak quite a bit of memory at
present (free with delete [] transcodedBuffer).

-----Original Message-----
From: suresh [mailto:suresh.n@vergiltech.com]
Sent: 03 October 2001 11:10
To: xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Fw: internal compiler error

Hi All,

I tried using stl map with xerces it throws up an
C:\XmlParser\XmlFunctionHandler.cpp(47) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL
COMPILER ERROR.

The environment is
Operating system : Win2k
Dev. Tool : VC++ 6.0 with SP5 with Xerces 1.5

I have attached the files for you to have a look at.

Has anyone faced this problem befor? Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Suresh